Voor een zeer innovatieve, internationale en hightech machinebouwer zijn wij op zoek ben naar een: Software Machine vision Engineer.
Het bedrijf bestaat 75 jaar, heeft 9 vestigingen op 4 continenten en is markleider met hun innovatieve machines. Het bedrijf maakt onderdeel uit van een internationale groep bedrijven, die gespecialiseerd zijn in het creëren en leveren van innovatieve telecom-bouw- en industriële oplossingen.
For a solid operation of the machines “Vision” is an essential part.
Customers are aware of the importance of data to generate insights in the production process. With multiple camera’s in one machine you will end up in an environment of complex algorithms, optics and exposure.
Your work is a mixture of responsibilities. You will design 2D/3D vision solutions and
image processing algorithms for different products.
The software is developed in C++/.NET core which runs on a Linux distribution. Most of the time you are working on 2 or 3 separate projects.
Other tasks are:
• Consultation with colleagues of other departments and colleague Software Engineers
• Performing tests independently
• If necessary travelling to the customer for providing training, upgrades, testing new developments, malfunctions etc.
• Working on new developments for optimizing of the machines
The department R&D Digital Technologies consists of 16 employees in total. You work together with 6 colleagues in the “Vision” section. This team is a group of technicians with strong sense of responsibility.
For this role we are looking for a proactive, communicative and stress resistant person. You like to take the initiative and to travel incidental.
It would be convenient if you have any knowledge of camera systems and are open for new ways of working.
Math and physics are components that you will have to deal with during your work. An education (HBO/WO) in this area could for this reason be helpful.
Overall, the “Machine Vision” knowledge is of more importance to us than the software knowledge.
The company is a strong and loyal company in the market. We work hard to develop the most high tech and innovative products.
We therefore have plenty of technical knowledge what makes it a perfect opportunity to broaden your knowledge within Engineering. Due to the size of the company, we offer lots of challenges and career opportunities.
You can think about transferring to another machine group, a transfer from Order Engineering to R&D or the other way around, more responsibility in the role of for example Lead Engineer, Project Engineer, Coördinator or perhaps a transfer to a whole other department within the company.
What else do we offer you:
• A balanced work and private environment by offering 41 days off, working from home and a flexible work schedule.
• An informal working environment by close partnerships, sincerity, helpfulness and more.
• Care for employees in many ways. Think about educational possibilities but also an ice cream when the weather is extremely hot.
• International possibilities by our plants and customers worldwide.
• Innovation is an important theme within VMI, every year a percentage of the profit is invested in Research & Development to keep ahead in the market.
• A fair salary with interesting secondary conditions (possible profit share, royal compensation when working overtime.
• Last but not least, the possibility to walk to the production hall and see/research your design.